Important updates for FY20:
- The employee premium for full-time employees and retirees enrolled in the A&M Care Plans will remain the same for the fourth year in a row. Remember that if you are changing to a different age bracket for life insurance, for example, 65-70, your premium may increase.
- The Graduate Student Health Plan premiums will increase. Prescription drug co-pays at retail pharmacies outside the Student Health Center (SHC) will change from $15/$30/$60 to $10/$35/$60. Prescription drug copays at the SHC will decrease from $15 to $10/$35. The out-of-pocket maximum is increasing from $6,350 to $7,900. The annual medical deductible is increasing from $350 to $500.
- DeltaCare USA HMO premiums will increase slightly.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield is launching an improved patient relationship experience, which will change the phone numbers to Blue Value Advisor, Nurseline, and Provider Finder. All calls should be made to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas’ customer service number at 1-866-295-1212.
- Grandchild Dependent Recertification: The criteria for covering dependent grandchildren on your insurance has changed. According to Texas Insurance Code Section 1251.151, in order to be considered an eligible dependent, your grandchild(ren) must be claimed as a dependent on your income tax return. If you are already covering your grandchild as a dependent, you should have received information asking you to re-certify your dependent in Workday and submit new documentation via HRConnect Legacy. Accepted grandchild documentation is a copy of the portion of your most recent income tax return that states you are claiming your grandchild as a dependent. You may redact (cross out) any proprietary information.
- ComPsych GuidanceResources will be replacing the Employee Assistance Program provider (Deer Oaks) beginning September 1. The A&M System is pleased to offer extensive Work/Life Solutions to both employees and retirees for the first time this plan year. Services include childcare, home repair, education, and housing needs, in-house financial guidance by CPAs, CFPs, and referrals to financial advisors in your area, legal advice on divorce, adoption, estate planning, and real estate, eldercare, and more.
- The tobacco surcharge now applies to those using e-cigarettes. It also includes cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, chewing tobacco, snuff, and dip.
- The Healthcare Flexible Spending Account maximum annual election will increase from $2,650 to $2,700.
- Delta Dental PPO diagnostic and preventive cleaning and x-rays will not count towards your $1,500 maximum annual benefit in the Dental PPO Plan. In addition, employees can now get posterior (all teeth) composite, colored filling coverage, excluding metal filling.
- Express Scripts has added Pet RX coverage.
- Two-Step Wellness Program: Employees and spouses enrolled in the A&M Care plan can save $30 on their health insurance premium by taking the Health Assessment in MyEvive and completing an annual wellness exam. Be sure to complete both tasks by June 30th to ensure the claim processes before September 1.*
If you have additional questions, please contact your human resources office.