Staff Salary Study Launched
- Over 200 employees attended one of seven sessions led by compensation professionals from Sibson Consulting on January 22nd. Katie Manning, Project Manager and Senior Compensation Consultant, provided an overview of the project which is expected to take 6-8 months to complete. The presentation slide deck is available here. The meetings were part of the project’s discovery phase to solicit input from campus stakeholders. Thank you to all who attended and engaged in the process.
- Another critical step in phase one is the development of a communication strategy to ensure stakeholders are informed as work progresses. Common themes will be summarized by the consultants and shared with employees.
- President’s Cabinet will serve as the project Advisory Committee. A 13-member Steering Committee with representatives from all divisions and occupational categories has also been formed to provide input and assist with communication.
Position Restrictions (Description) Review
At this time we are asking all managers and employees to review their position restrictions (Workday lingo for job duties) for accuracy. The Position Restrictions should clearly depict the major responsibilities assigned to the employee.
The goal is to have current position descriptions for all employees by February 28th.
If changes are needed
- Copy and paste the current responsibilities into a Word document, turn on tracking, and make the updates.
- Send the Word document to email@example.com and HR will make the changes in Workday.
The email requesting changes should come from the manager or include some other documentation indicating manager approval. Managers should ensure approval from their chain of command as required.
Additional Information Request